Explore Germany through Taste!
Food says so much about a culture! Not just what we eat, but where we eat it and how we share it.
While you learn the language, why not try a few recipes in German. (Sounds overwhelming? Don’t worry, we have an English version too!).
- KürbissuppeAs the weather cools down and the thicker jumpers come out; Pumpkin Soup is a perfect hearty meal to help you warm up.
- How to make MarzipanMarzipan is a well-known sweet eaten all over the world, but especially loved in Germany. Niederegger confectionery has been famously making marzipan in Lübeck since 1806.
- Spargel FlammkuchenWhite asparagus is not everyones’ cup of tea, however we’ve found a fool proof recipe that the whole family will love. Even the Spargel haters!
- MohnkuchenMohnkuchen is the ultimate poppy seed bake! Poppy seeds can be bought in every bakery throughout Germany, blended into many different recipes; from Mohnschnecken (poppyseed snails) to Mohnbrötchen (poppyseed bread rolls)!
- KartoffelknoedelA well-beloved Traditional side dish; Kartoffelknödel or Kartoffelklöße are a Southern German speciality. Join us & learn German better by cooking with us!
- ‘Osterzopf’ Braided Easter BreadA sweet Easter bread that can be topped with nuts, fruits or chocolate. This is the classic recipe, eaten and enjoyed over the Easter weekend throughout Germany.